Quickly and easily block access to resources such as websites or applications for this group.
This Module can be used to block access for the entire Organization, a specific site, or an individual group.
Using the Block Resources Module:
1. Select the Organization, Site or Group wanted to run block resources on.
2. Toggle the sliders to select which resource types to block.
3. Selecting Take a Screenshot will create an image when a user tries to access the blocked resource.
4. Enter the Detection Term and click Add for the blocked resource to be included in the existing blocks.
- Website URLs - block web sites that are set as a wildcard automatically. Adding sites as a URL is recommended as just adding Facebook and not Facebook.com, will block anything that has the term Facebook in it.
- Website Content - block the term within the content of the page itself. This block resource is highly sensitive and not recommended for anything other than specific terms.
- Application - block any application, ex. Notepad or Calculator. The full file location path is not required to block the application from opening, just the term for the application is sufficient to add as an existing block.
- Keyword - this does not block term, it is for monitoring keywords added and will generate a violation for any terms included as an existing block.
- Caption - blocks the window title, for example the name of a shared folder that needs to have restricted access added to it or add Documents to block access to My Documents/My PC during exams.