Includes information about the lock screen share on Chromebooks. NOTE: the json configuration file has been set to lock student devices into share in your Google Admin console for the following option:
When an instructor clicks into the Thumbnail view for devices, the students Chromebooks will display the following:
1. The Devices will lock until the student shares their screen.
2. A prompt will be displayed for the student to choose to share their screen with the instructor.
3. (Please note, the prompt appears every 5 seconds, if the student continually clicks in the blank area, the prompt timer will restart and the box will take another 5 seconds to re-appear)
4. Students will need to click the desktop picture, a blue box will show around the selected desktop picture and the Share button will activate and show as blue. The student will then select the Share button.
5. A share screen box will appear in the bottom of the student’s desktop screen; they can click the X in the top right hand corner to close that share screen indication message.
6. Clicking the X to close the box will still keep the share screen active.
7. If a student clicks STOP in the share screen indication display box, the Chromebook will revert back to the Locked Please Share Your Screen message until they choose Share again.