Both Senso and Sophos products leverage Windows Filtering Platform as part of the Web Protection and Web Filtering features. If a Windows machine has Sophos and Senso installed with Web Protection enabled in Sophos and Web Filtering enabled in Sophos, a WFP network conflict occurs. This conflict produces internet connectivity issues on the machine such as:
- Long load times for web pages.
- Failure to load some web pages.
- Failure to run internet based applications.
For more information, see Microsoft's document on Windows Filtering Platform.
Affected Sophos products
- Any Sophos product that contains Web Protection.
Disable Web Protection to resolve WFP conflict
To resolve the WFP network level conflict, follow the solution below.
- Disable the Web Protection feature in Sophos, or Disable Web Filtering in your Logging and Blocking Policy on Senso.
- Restart the affected machines. Internet connectivity issues should be resolved after the system reboot.