- Log into the portal and go to the Admin Center.
- Expand Console Users and select Manage Roles.
- Click the icon to create a new role.
- In the Name field enter a name for the role.
- Select the scope:
Apply to all Sites: Allow the user to see all Sites (and any related Groups below that site, unless restricted Access has been set in the Senso Portal)
User Assigned Sites: This setting will use the permissions configured for the user , this setting is useful when creating "teacher" roles as you have 1 single role for multiple sites
Apply to the following sites: Limit the role to specific Sites (and any related Groups below that site, unless restricted Access has been set in the Senso Portal)
- Set the Administration Permissions and Logging (requires View Admin Center), this controls if the user can access the Admin Center/Logging Information and what control they can access to.
- Set the General Permissions, these relate to the control a user has over groups and policies.
- Set the Logging Permissions, this controls what level of access the user with this role will have to logging in the admin centre.
Set the Module Permissions, this controls the modules a Role has access to in the web console. The list of modules displayed will vary depending on the options purchased for your site.
Set the Role Visibility Options: this restricts who has access to view roles in a large organisational structure.
The Default setting for a newly created role is to not be visible to anyone (other than the Organisational Admin) until a Site is selected in Role Visibility.
Example: If Lower School Site has been selected in Role Visibility for this created Role, users with permissions to see the Lower School Site will be able to see the created Role.
Users within any other Sites will not see the created Role in the list of roles to assign to users.
Click Confirm to Save Role